Saturday, June 18, 2011

3G works too

It took a fairly long time to activate the Verizon wireless connection for the Chromebook last night, but it's up and running now, and it seems to work fine. At least Angry Birds worked! I won't get too far with 100 MB of data for a month, but it might be handy for a quick check of my e-mail when there's no WiFi available. $20 gets you 1 GB of data for a month. I'm getting more used to the touchpad and right-clicking. Found a good forum site for users of Chromebooks. It's called thechromebookforum.com and it's very comprehensive. I found quite a lot of information already, and it is a good place to go to learn about upcoming developments and software updates. Overall, today's experience with the Chromebook has been positive. I've been doing all of the normal web stuff that I used to do on my PC laptop, but in a more convenient way. I miss Netflix streaming, however. Hopefully an update will come soon that enables it to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment