Monday, June 13, 2011

First Post

So, I've decided to try my own blog. Only ten years too late. It's taken me that long to come up with a title! Felix's Scorpion is a play on "Scorpion and Felix," a fictional short story written by Karl Marx. I've been a bit preoccupied with Marx recently, and for my sins, I've started reading "Social Structure and Forms of Consciousness, Volume 1: The Social Determination of Method." Not easy by any means. I had to read the Introduction twice, but I got the gist of it in the end, I think. It's written by István Mészáros, who is a Hungarian Marxist philosopher and author of a number of other books. I'll try to keep at it, and may post some thoughts here. The book is published by Monthly Review Press; you can find their RSS feed at the bottom of the page.


No comments:

Post a Comment